FIA Tech is a dynamic and growing Software-as-a-Service technology company which supports over 8,000 global finance and trading firms. Our customers depend on our solutions which connect the global futures and derivatives industry for trade processing and regulatory compliance needs.
The Technical Architect reports to the VP, Head of Research and Development of FIA Tech, and is responsible for technical direction, architectural design, and software stack selection of our future systems. The Technical Architect guides and supports the other members of this experienced and professional software development team in bringing these designs to life, supporting them in production, and evolving them over time.
- Thoroughly analyze complex and often competing system requirements
- Design software architectures that are stable, supportable, and forward thinking, while fully achieving the goals of the business solutions that will be built upon them
- Select platform technologies based on merit, performance, suitability, longevity, and supportability
- Document designs, and guide and mentor development teams as they implement these designs
- Ensure adherence to firm established standards for secure and efficient product development
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of production applications, as user and technical requirements evolve
- Masters or equivalent advanced degree, preferably computer science
- 10 years or more of software development experience, preferably in the finance industry
- Extensive experience designing and deploying large scale enterprise applications
- Design and implementation experience using microservice architectures
- Familiarity with containerization and container orchestration technologies
- Extensive experience in .NET Core technologies, including conversions from .NET Framework
- Experience with Distributed Ledger Technologies is a plus
- Experience with low latency distributed networks
- Proven ability to work with user groups to build consensus
- Ability to work with users in locations around the world
- Ability to set and mange priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical documentation, process workflows and diagrams
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience with multiple computing platforms commonly used in the financial services industry, including SQL and No-SQL database, message queues, and communication protocols
- Experience in both Microsoft .NET and Java based platforms
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts and design patterns
- Cloud platform and deployment techniques
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com.