We provide more information about our data practices at these links:
2. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
3. AN OVERVIEW OF THE SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES FIA TECH PROCESS?
5. WHAT DOES FIA TECH DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
6. RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT, RESTRICT USE OF AND ERASE PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. LAWS AND LEGAL RIGHTS
12. SALE OF BUSINESS
13. DOES THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLY WHEN I LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES?
14. COULD MY INFORMATION BE TRANSFERRED TO OTHER COUNTRIES?
15. RESOLUTION OF COMPLAINTS
16. EU-U.S. AND SWISS-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK
17. HOW WILL I KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
18. WHOM DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?
19. APPLICABLE LAW
This Privacy Statement relates to information processed by FIA Tech (also referred to in this Privacy Statement as “we” or “us” or “our”) when: (1) you use our Information Services; (2) submitted to us in connection with a Service Platform or System User; (3) you otherwise directly engage with FIA Tech, including, but not limited to, via email, other electronic communication, or phone call; or (4) gathered as part of our sales, marketing or support activities.
“Corporate Affiliate” means any person or entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with FIA Tech, whether by ownership or otherwise. Any information relating to you that we provide to our Corporate Affiliates will be treated by those Corporate Affiliates in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
“Information Services” refers to our website, functionality offered on our website (such as downloads), and our email, telephone, and other support processes offered through technological means.
“You” or “your” refers to the individual who uses our Information Services, submits information to FIA Tech, or is an employee, contractor or customer of an entity that uses one of FIA Tech’s services, or otherwise directly engages with FIA Tech.
The terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization.
“Personal information” or “personal data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and may include things such as your name, physical address, email address, phone number, login information, marketing preferences, company affiliation, or payment card information.
The terms “Privacy Shield,” “Privacy Shield Framework,” and “Privacy Shield Principles” refer to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks and the principles contained therein. For more information, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
“Service Platform” refers to any of the fee-based services offered by FIA Tech.
“System User” is an entity or individual accessing and using the Service Platform.
2.SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement explains our information practices and the choices you can make about the way FIA Tech processes your personal information.
Other policies or governing arrangements may also apply concerning your data rights if your personal information is processed in a Service Platform. These include, but are not limited to:
1. A Master Services Agreement (“MSA”), one of the other agreements governing a Service Platform, and/or any related data processing amendments (these agreements apply when your firm contracts with FIA Tech to become a customer of one of our Service Platforms); or
2. A Data Processing Agreement (“DPA”) or equivalent non-disclosure agreement with any third-party service provider or Corporate Affiliates.
We are committed to data ethics and transparency in all of our dealings with you.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We may update these policies and statements from time to time.
This Privacy Statement does not address personal information that may be provided to FIA Tech in connection with a job application or employment relationship. FIA Tech provides a separate privacy notice to job applicants and employees.
3.AN OVERVIEW OF THE SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
FIA Tech may obtain information about individuals in these ways:
• when you visit our website (through cookies) or contact us directly (by emails or calls) to inquire about our products, services, pricing, or initiatives,
• when you engage with our support staff,
• when you engage as part of an industry initiative, either directly through us, or through our parent non-profit trade association, the Futures Industry Association (the “FIA”),
• when you create a profile on a Service Platform,
• when you engage with us on social media,
• when an individual becomes, or engages in services, as a System User,
• through trade shows or industry conferences,
• indirectly when:
o you are, or work on behalf of, a service provider to or strategic partner of FIA Tech,
o your firm becomes, or engages in services, as a System User,
o your personal information is processed in connection with a document, transaction, profile, record, report or other functionality of a Service Platform;
o FIA Tech receives data from futures, commodities or derivatives exchanges or market participants.